Skip to main content
784 S CLEARWATER LOOP STE R, POST FALLS, ID 83854 | (208) 415-0650
by 1 $35 Annual Idaho Agent LLC

Register Foreign Corporations in Idaho

Foreign Corporation in ID

If you are a corporation headquartered in another state and want to transact business in Idaho, you will need an Idaho Certificate of Authority from the State of Idaho. This is obtained by filing as a foreign corporation with the Business Entities Division of the Idaho Secretary of State. Once filed, the State of Idaho will return a completed certificate of authority to you. A foreign Idaho corporation should not be confused with an out-of-country corporation. Any corporation not actually formed (created) in Idaho is called a foreign corporation.

We charge for the state filing fees plus $100 to prepare and file the Foreign Idaho Corporation Certificate of Authority form with the Idaho Secretary of State, Business Entities Division. We also will track down the paperwork needed from the home state of your incorporation to make the filing.

If you want to do the filing yourself: you just need to sign up for our registered agent service in Idaho and the foreign corporation form is in your online account immediately. You’ll also find some submission tips on how to make the filing with the state. You are required to have an Idaho registered agent anyway, so we try to make this an easy process for you, whether you want us to do the filing or you want to send them to the Idaho Secretary of State yourself.

How do I sign up?

You sign up for registered agent service first. You then can look at the foreign corporation form in your online account and also at the included filing tips. If you decide not to do the filing yourself, you can click the “Add services” tab from your account, and add our filing services for $100 plus the state filing fees. You can see real time status of our work in progress in your online account at all times. After we are done with your foreign corporation registration in Idaho, we always store the filing into your client account, email you a copy, and send you the original filed documents by mail.